You are cordially invited to participate in CESA 2016 – the 10th Biennial Conference of the Comparative Education Society of Asia (CESA). It will be co-hosted by the Comparative Education Society of the Philippines (CESP) at De La Salle University, Philippines, on January 28-30, 2016. Both keynote speakers are our HKU PhD alumni: Dr. Maria Manzon and Prof. Zhang Minxuan.
More information about the conference is as follows:
Theme: “Diversity in Educational Policy and Practice: Challenges and Opportunities”
Where: Henry Sy Bldg., De La Salle University, Taft Ave., Manila, Philippines
When: January 28-30, 2016.
September 15, 2015 – Deadline for submission of Abstract Proposals
1. Abstracts must not be longer than 300 words. All submissions must:
– be in Arial or Times Roman, Font Size 12
– summarize the important points of the proposed presentation and present an outline of the introduction, methodology, results and conclusions of the research undertaken
– not include tables, figures or references
– be written in paragraph form
2. Interested participants may submit up to two (2) proposals under any two of the Conference sub-themes but not two under the same sub-theme. Please submit your abstract proposal using the CESA 2016 Abstract Submission Form. If you have concerns about your submissions, please email: cesa2016manila@gmail.
3. Accepted proposals will be assigned to a presentation type based on the preferences indicated at the time of submission. Further instructions will be provided in the notification email if necessary updating/editing needs to be done on the proposal.
4. Paper presenters must confirm through email that they accept the invitation to present on or before the deadline indicated in the notification email. This also confirms that they will register for the conference by October 30, 2015. Registration fee on or before this date is Php3500 for local presenters and USD250 for foreign presenters.
5. All accepted abstracts will be included in the conference proceedings.
Full Papers Proposals
1. Full papers submitted to CESA 2016 will be considered for publication in a peer-reviewed journal of the Comparative Education of the Philippines (CESP) to be launched in 2016.
2. The submitted full paper/s must follow the following format:
Title of paper
Complete name of author/researcher
Complete name of school /institution, and address
Abstract with keywords
Introduction (to include the research questions)
Results and Discussions
3. Full papers which are to be saved in pdf file must be limited to 8 – 10 pages including tables and references, encoded in font Arial or Times New Roman, size 12, double-spaced, and sent to email@example.com with the author’s 50-word bio-sketch.
For more information, please visit http://www.cesph.org/index.php/call-for-papers/.